Transactional emails Pico sends to registered users, subscribers, and other contacts:
Pico sends transactional emails directly to users that interact with the Pico installation on your site. Here's a comprehensive list of email type sent, and what triggers them.
- Magic Link - Sent when a registered user without a password tries to log in to Pico. Allows the user to log in to Pico from a link in their email.
- Verify - Sent when a new user registers through Pico. Verifying an email allows them to set a password.
- Password Reset - Sent when a registered user with a password initiates the lost password procedure.
- Free Trial Started - Sent when a user subscribes to a plan including a free trial.
- Receipt - Sent whenever a user subscribes to a plan or donates through Pico.
- Plan Canceled - Sent when a subscriber's plan is canceled, either by their initiation or when the community manager cancels from within the Pico dashboard.
- Plan Changed - Sent when a subscriber changes their active subscription by switching from one plan to another, from within the Pico widget interface.
- Plan Deleted - Sent when a subscriber's plan is deleted, ending their plan immediately. This is sent when a community manager removes the plan from within the Pico dashboard.
- Plan Reactivated - Sent when a subscriber's plan is reactivated from a canceled state, either by their initiation in the Pico widget or when the community manager cancels from within the Pico dashboard.
- Plan Updated - Sent when a subscriber's plan is changed, such as a new subscription charge set for the next renewal. This is sent when a community manager changes the plan from within the Pico dashboard.
- Payment Failed - Sent when Pico is unable to successfully process payment for a subscriber, including a prompt to update payment to a valid method.
- Refund Issued - Sent to confirm that a refund has been issued to a subscriber/donor. This is triggered by a community manager from within the Pico dashboard, and typically takes 7-10 days to post to the original payment method.
- Trial Ending - Sent a few days before a trial converts to a full subscription to give subscribers advanced notice. Based on Stripe's events, this event is sent three days before the trial period ends. If the trial is less than three days, this event isn't triggered.
- Group Invoice - Sent to a group billing admin when a new group is created. This is exclusive to the Groups functionality.